Here is a flurry of common sense — and some not so common — points that you can apply to your daily life. If you read them over, smile, and say, “Those are cute!” and move on you will have missed their real value. Read them. Copy them. Apply them. Then watch the positive change that comes because of it!
• You have no control over anything in your life other than the meaning you give to the events of your life.
• You are the quality of your communication.
• Create a compelling future — identify a future that is so compelling you can’t help but to move forward.
• Most people don’t take action or make change because they don’t feel like they are worth the effort. You are worth it!
• As soon as you judge, you lose all ability to really connect with others and appreciate their gift to the world.
• Take the time to remind people of their purpose during times of trouble.
• There is no failure, only feedback.
• Comfort kills drive. Don’t be comfortable. Get active.
• Sleep in 90 minute intervals. 3, 4.5, 6, 7.5, 9.
• New questions will always deliver new answers
• You are always at cause but you choose to be an effect.
• We want progress not change. Change doesn’t mean progress, change takes no talent. Time changes things regardless of your efforts. Don’t just change things. Make progress!
• Don’t do weight loss. Do health gain.
• When you are being flexible you have more fun.
• When you are confused you are ready to learn.
• Label = Judgement. Labels limit you. For example, “I could never do that.”
• It’s not an either/or world, it’s an and world.
• Why gives the story. How gives the structure.
• The person with the most certainty wins.
• “I’m working on it.” “I’m dealing with it.” “I’m hoping.” “I’m trying.” They all mean you have not yet made a decision.
• Hope and its sexy cousin Try, gives you a way to escape, a way out.
• Ask yourself, “How is my life different than it was a year ago?” Do you like the answer? If not, start over at the top of this list.
Your friend in health,
Coach Adam Cobb