This week on the podcast, Adam is talking with his hero— his mum. She is the one who taught him to always make a difference. “We, as people in a community, should take care of each other the best that we can.” This conversation was recorded back when Adam was 6 months into recovering from his ACL surgery. We know the importance of coming alive and finding your center, but here is your reminder that you can’t have health without healing and you can’t have healing without health.
- Adam’s mum shares the pain she felt watching her son recover from such a painful experience. She remembers having to step back and let other people help him through the recovery, even though she herself has a career in physical therapy.
- They fondly remember spending time together outside, doing yoga, doing sound healing, and praying.
- He reflects on spending 6 months at home as an adult and how he learned better communication with his mum in that time
We Need Each Other
- “As old as I get— it doesn’t matter. I still need a mum. You came through beyond what I could imagine.”
- Adam talks about falling in love with his hometown for the first time in his life and growing in his faith.
What This Means in 2020
- At the time we’re releasing this episode, people all over the world are having to stay indoors and isolate or practice social distancing.
- It’s a time when families are coming together, whether in the same house or over video chat. While circumstances are not ideal, we can use this opportunity to connect and make time for these conversations. (Special shout out to all the single mothers out there raising sons!)
- Let’s highlight these moments and create adventure in whatever way we safely can right now.
Adam’s mum’s question for you: what service fills your heart? Let us know over on Instagram at @8daysaweekpodcast. Don’t forget to subscribe to the podcast so these new episodes go right to your device!